FilmArobics specializes in comprehensive lesson plans which accompany feature-length films in four languages (Spanish, French,German and Italian) and ELL. Although each lesson plan is different, the basic outline and types of questions are the same. They break the film down into 10 to 15 minute segments for each lesson. Each lesson contains:
- vocabulary necessary to understand the film or necessary to discuss the film
- cultural notes when appropriate
- several comprehension exercises
- two communicative exercises where students either discuss something in the film or discuss a topic related to their lives but which is brought up in the film
- a follow-up homework assignment that is often a writing assignment
Each lesson generally lasts anywhere from 45 to 50 minutes of class time. They recommend you show a section of the film once per week over a period of 8 to 9 weeks.
For more specific information on how their lesson plans work, see How It Works.